Sweet Tart Dough Recipe
1 cup (4 ounces) white rice flour
1/4 cup (1 1/4 ounces) sweet rice flour 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (4 ounces) butter, softened
1/3 cup (2 1/2) ounces granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together white rice flour, sweet rice flour, and salt.
- Fit stand mixer with flat paddle attachment. In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until a thick paste forms and mixture lightens slightly, about 90 seconds. Add dry ingredients and mix for 30 seconds. Mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- Stop mixer and scrape down bowl. Turn mixer back on to medium speed. Mix until a dough forms, about two minutes.
- Lightly spray 11-inch tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Turn dough into prepared pan. Using your hands, press dough evenly into bottom and sides of pan. Prick dough all over with a fork.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. When oven is preheated, remove tart pan from refrigerator. Pierce bottom and sides with a fork. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Makes one 11-inch tart
© 2006-2013 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.