Member Recipe: Cheesecake Cups
I love cheesecake but making can be a bit of a pain. This recipe for cheesecake cups is so simple that I will throw a recipe together before friends join me for dinner. Made with cottage cheese and cream cheese, these cups aren't heavy like ordinary cheesecake.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (Don't use low fat.)
8 ounces (1 cup) small curd cottage cheese, at room temperature (Don't use low fat.)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cream cheese and cottage cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Pulse to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 6 custard cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is puffy and does not jiggle.
- Remove cups and place on a wire rack to cool. Custard will collapse as it cools, this is normal.
- Serve warm or chilled. In the center of the cup, you could put a few berries of a dollop of jam.
Makes 6 cups.