FREE RECIPE: Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
Colored sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar for 1 minute. Use medium-high speed on a stand mixer and high speed on a handheld mixer.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla extract and lemon extract. Mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl once during mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until a dough forms.
- Divide dough and shape into a cookie log. Size of the log will vary depending on the size of your cookie gun. Fill cookie gun with the dough.
- Press cookies onto prepared cookie sheet. Cookies won't spread; so, you can place them close together. If desired, sprinkle cookies with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 20-22* minutes or until golden brown. (*Baking time will vary greatly depending on the size and shape of your cookie. Finished cookies should be lightly golden brown.)
Makes about 5 dozen small spritz cookies
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.