Need a quick breakfast recipe? (Who doesn't?) These quiche cupcakes can be made in minutes and make getting out the house a little easier in the morning.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 large eggs
1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Makes 12 quiche cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spay a 12-cavity muffin cup with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and tender. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the quiche mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Chopped spinach likes to clump. So, take care to ensure the spinach is "loose" in the eggs.
- Add cheese, tomatoes, and sautéed onions and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 12-muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the cupcakes are set and puffy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each quiche cupcake and then carefully lift out using a knife.
- Allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
These quiche cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Before eating, warm in the microwave.
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.