Apple Cranberry Crisp Recipe
Easy Apple Cranberry Crisp
I love this apple crisp so much! Honestly, if you can peel an apple, you can make this crisp. The addition of the cranberries gives the sweet crisp a nice "pucker-y" burst of tartness.
8 cups peeled, cored apple slices (I used Granny Smith and Macon.)
1 cup whole fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup apple cider (or orange juice)
juice of one lemon
1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (I used Health Valley Rice Bran Crackers.)
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped almonds
Ice cream, optional
Whipped Cream, optional
Makes one 9x13-inch crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients. Toss well to combine. Pour evenly into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Add coconut and chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for one hour or until apples are tender and juices are bubbling.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Store leftover crisp in the refrigerator.