Sour Cream Gluten-Free Coffee Cake
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is unbelievable. It is super moist and super easy to make! I made this coffee cake for the morning show on WNYT recently and it was a hit. The next time you are in the mood for coffee cake, you MUST try this recipe.
For the Streusel
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Cake
1 1/4 cups white rice flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Powder sugar, optional for sprinkling.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick
- Prepare the streusel: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and ground
cinnamon. Set aside.
- Prepare the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light,
about 30 seconds. (Use high speed on a hand held mixer or medium-high speed
on a stand mixer.)
- Add eggs, one at a time, mix until well combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium-low, add whisked dry ingredients, vanilla
extract, and sour cream. Mix until a thick batter forms, about 45 seconds.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. (Batter will be thick.
Use a spatula to evenly spread the batter in the pan.)
- Sprinkle streusel over the batter. Spread remaining batter over the
- Bake cake for 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle
of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle powder sugar over the top of the cake, if desired.
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.