Apple Cider Muffins
Apple Cider Muffins|
|Description: ||These muffins were inspired by the apple cider doughnuts that are so popular around these parts. To ensure the recipe has a nice cider flavor, make sure you use a good apple cider. Preferably from a local orchard!|
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix for about 1 minute until a thick paste forms.
- Add eggs. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add whisked dry ingredients and cider.
- Blend, on medium speed, for two minutes.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of
the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.
Makes 16-18 muffins
||Elizabeth Barbone |