|Description: ||These spice waffles are a nice change of pace from traditional Belgium waffles. I let them get nice and brown. This way they are crispy on the outside and soufflé-like on the inside.|
2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients. Blend batter until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Batter will be very, very thin.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Grease hot waffle iron with a non-stick gluten-free spray.
- Pour batter, about 2/3 cup for a standard iron prepared waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown and aromatic.
Makes eight waffles.
||Elizabeth Barbone |