|Description: ||The light, fluffy pancakes are a great way to celebrate autumn!|
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 Tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup Pure Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin pie filling)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and blend until a batter forms. (Use high speed on a handheld mixer and medium-high on a stand mixer.)
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the griddle with vegetable oil.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 cup each for generous pancakes, onto hot griddle. Batter should sizzle when it hits the griddle. If it doesn’t, wait before adding more batter to the griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles begin to pop and batter looks almost “dry.”
- Flip pancakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until done.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes about 20 pancakes. Freeze the extra pancakes as soon as they cool to prevent them from drying out.
||Elizabeth Barbone |
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.