Gluten-Free Baking and More, April 2007.
|Description: ||I’ve begun to receive requests for recipes that use heartier flours. These pancakes, which use quinoa and brown rice flour, are delightful and nutritious. If you’ve never tried quinoa, this recipe is a nice way to introduce it to your diet.|
1 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1 large egg
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle and grease lightly with vegetable oil or butter.
- Drop batter, about 1/4 cup each, onto hot griddle. (The griddle should sizzle when the batter hits the surface.)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancakes and the edges of the batter looks dry.
- Flip pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
||Elizabeth Barbone |
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.