Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Trifle Recipe
Easy Chocolate Trifle
Gluten-Free Baking and More, Oct 05.
Easy Chocolate Trifle|
|Description: ||We received a slew of e-mail about our Classic chocolate cake. I am so glad you enjoyed the recipe! This easy trifle uses the classic chocolate cake as its base. The trifle is easy to make and yields a generous serving. Bring it with you to a Halloween party. Everyone will swoon.|
||1 recipe classic chocolate cake, baked in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan|
2 packages (4-serving size) chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions and chilled (Either Cook and Serve OR Instant Pudding)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup toasted, slivered almonds, if desired
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar together to form stiff peaks.
- Cut cooled cake into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a glass trifle bowl, place 1/3 of the cake cubes. Spoon 1/3 of chocolate pudding over the cake cubes. Spoon 1/3 of the whipped cream over the pudding. (If using toasted nuts, sprinkle 1/3 of the nuts over the top of the whipped cream.)
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chocolate Trifle Variations
Use coconut cream pudding in place of the chocolate pudding. Substitute the slivered almonds with 1 cup of toasted coconut. (To toast coconut, place
1 cup of sweetened, flaked coconut on a baking sheet. Toast, stirring occasionally, in a preheated 350°F oven for about 5-9 minutes. Toasting time will vary greatly depending on the sweetness and moisture content of your coconut. Be sure to keep an eye on the coconut as it toasts.)
Use banana cream, or vanilla, pudding in place of the chocolate pudding. Substitute the slivered almonds with 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced bananas, about 2 large bananas.
||Elizabeth Barbone |
© 2006-2014 Gluten-Free Baking and More/Elizabeth Barbone
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.