Gluten-Free Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
Almond Coffee Cake
Gluten-Free Baking and More, September 2005.
Almond Coffee Cake|
|Description: ||Coffee cakes are so versatile! You can enjoy a slice for breakfast or dessert. This recipe contains a fantastic almond streusel that adds a nice bit of sweetness and crunch to the cake.|
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup white rice flour
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2/3 cup orange juice
- Prepare the streusel: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, almonds, and white rice flour. Pour melted butter over the mixture and mix with a fork. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and rice flour a 10-inch tube (Bundt®) pan.
- Prepare the cake: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add 1/2 of the whisked dry ingredients. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 of the orange juice. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining whisked dry ingredients. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining orange juice. Mix for 1 minute.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel mixture over the top.
- Spoon remaining batter over the streusel mixture. Sprinkle remaining streusel mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, remove the cake from the pan.
- Glaze if desired. Enjoy!
||Elizabeth Barbone |
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon orange juice
In a small bowl or cup, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice. Stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled coffee cake.