Frozen Gluten-Free Lemonade Square Recipe
Frozen Lemonade Squares
Gluten-Free Baking and More, August 2005.
Frozen Lemonade Squares|
|Description: ||This recipe came to us from Jill Scott. Jill writes, “I don’t really like to bake in the summer. Since my celiac diagnosis, I find myself in the kitchen more than I like. When my family wants a treat, I make this dessert. They love it and I don’t need to turn on the oven! I thought you might want to pass the recipes on to your readers. I hope they enjoy it as much as I do.”|
||1 1/4 cups gluten-free graham crackers crumbs (I used our graham cracker recipe from the July 2004 issue. Health Valley Rice Bran crackers also work well.)|
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, softened, not melted (The ice cream/frozen yogurt should be spreadable.)
1 can (6 oz.) frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate, thawed
Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix together crumbs and butter/margarine.
- Press mixture firmly onto bottom of a 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer, mix together ice cream/frozen yogurt and lemonade concentrate on medium speed until well blended.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Serve each square topped with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Store squares in the freezer.
Makes 12 small or 9 large squares
||Elizabeth Barbone |