Strawberry Shortcake Drop Biscuit Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake Drop Biscuits
Gluten-Free Baking and More, June 2004.
Strawberry Shortcake Drop Biscuits|
|Description: ||Great strawberry shortcake requires great biscuits. These drop biscuits are easy to make and are the perfect base for our strawberry shortcake.|
2 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine white rice flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and sugar. Pulse ingredients a few times to combine.
- Add butter. Pulse a few times until flour mixture is coarse. No large pieces of butter should remain.
- Add milk. Pulse until a dough forms.
- Drop dough, approximately 1/3 cup, onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove biscuits from oven. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Makes 10 -12 biscuits
||Elizabeth Barbone |
Perfectly shaped biscuits
Want your biscuits to be perfectly round? Instead of dropping the dough onto a baking pan, spoon dough into greased muffin pans.
I love my kitchen scoops. While testing this recipe, I grabbed a scoop and began scooping biscuits. The result? The biscuits tasted fine but they were not nearly as light as the biscuits we dropped from a spoon. For this recipe, avoid using a scoop. Drop the dough onto the baking sheet using a large spoon.